05 March 2007

Dart

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Dart. What is there to say about Dart? He is a freak. He has two settings: Off and Hyperdrive and I have yet to see him in 'off' mode. Dart runs non-stop around his post. He has a foot-deep groove worn in the ground and he was only there for a month before the ground froze. He runs so much at his post that I haven't yet had to cut his nails and I can't tire him out. I went for a run that ended up being 51 km (31.8 miles) and all the other dogs acted like they had just been on a 31 mile run; not Dart. He looked as fresh as when we started. It is precisely this reason that Dart found his way to us in the first place.

I had gone away to a fishing/hunting weekend with friends from work and left Jenn in charge of the dogs. When I came home, there was an extra dog in the yard. "I got him for $50!" Jenn said proudly. "What do you think?" I looked at him and wondered if he'd even be worth $10. We knew a few mushers around the area and apparently, they knew of us, too. We were still fairly new to the area, but Jenn got a phone call while I was away and the lady on the other end somehow convinced Jenn that we needed this dog. Dart has certainly shown he is worth more than the $50 that Jenn spent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.