06 March 2007

Jinx

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Jinx is another of Blitzi the super dog's puppies. She is not as focused as Dora, but she has a lot of determination. Jinx has retained much of her puppy-ness and seems to be reluctant to let it go. Part of it, most likely, is due to her constant wrestling with Valley. The two of them play non-stop during the day, and even though they are tied, they will chase one another doing laps and trying to meet at the ends of their chains.

I have been using Jinx in lead off and on, but I don't think she is ready yet. She likes to work hard, but she is easily distracted still. Maybe next year.

Jinx is also a harness chewer. She isn't as adept at it as is Taiga, but she has still sent me mending at the start of a run. One day, Jinx chewed through a harness as I was hooking up some dogs for a run and I didn't have another harness for her, so I took the chewed one off her and left her behind; it seems like that went a long way to driving home the point that we don't chew harnesses around here.

No comments: